“Double Ninth Festival,Love the Old”
WFLPS Visiting the Old People in the Neighbourhood
金秋十月,丹桂飄香。10月12日是一年一度的重陽節,世外小學融合部18位學生、家委會代表和3位帶隊老師來到康健街道壽益坊社區慰問這里的爺爺奶奶們。向他們送去了柴米油鹽和一些水果慰問品,也向他們送去世外小學全體少先隊員的關心和問候。
October is the golden season. On Oct.12th,it was the Double Ninth Festival. The WFLPS PYP Section sent 18 students and representatives of the parents, together with 3 teachers to visit the old grandmas and grandpas in the Shou yifang Neighbourhood of Kangjian Street. They took some fruit, rice, oil, and salt to give to them. On behalf of WFLPS young pioneers, they showed caring and gave greetings to them.
少先隊員們為爺爺奶奶敬獻上了紅領巾。
The young pioneers gave the grandpas and grandmas a red scarf.




四年級的張筱悠同學朗誦了一首詩歌《給共和國建設者的一封信》。
Yr4 Zhang xiaoyou recited a poem "A Letter to the Builders of the People’s Republic of China"
親愛的爺爺奶奶,Dear Grandpas and Grandmas,
你們好!Hi!
今天,我懷著激動又忐忑的心情向你們——共和國偉大的建設者們,說出我們心中的敬仰!
Today, I come to express my thanks to all of you--the builders of the People’s Republic of China.
站在新時代的路口,我們想和你們一起回望過去的時光Standing at the crossroad point,we like to review the past time together.
走過內憂外患的戰火歲月,闖過改革開放的壯麗篇章Pass the fire of the war, create the new chapter of reform
我們正在沿著你們走過的路,邁著勇敢者的步伐,努力向上We are walking along the way you have had and marching to the future
……
今天這封信,寫給你們,也寫給未來的我們。Today the letter is for you and for us in the future.
謝謝你們,共和國建設者Thank you, Builders of the People’s Republic of China
沒有你們,就沒有祖國今日的燦爛與輝煌。Without you, the country can’t be like this.
接過建設祖國的接力棒,It’s just like a relay
傳遞希望之火,點亮夢想之光!Pass the fire of hope, inspire the light of dream.

同學們和爺爺奶奶們一起高唱《我和我的祖國》。
The students and the grandmas and the grandpas then sang a song together "My country and Me"


三年級沈禮亞同學的爺爺也準備了自己精心書寫的書法作品送給社區老人,為他們帶去滿滿的祝福!
Yr 3 Shen liya’s grandpa had prepared his own calligraphy work to give to the old in the neighbourhood, expressing best wishes to them.






壽益坊黨委代表非常激動地讀了感謝信。以表達誠摯的感想。感謝世外小學每年重陽都走進社區,慰問老人,為老人們帶去歡聲笑語。
The representative of the Chinese Communist Party in Shou yi fang read a thank-you letter to express their gratitude. They thanked WFLPS for visiting the old on the Double Ninth Festival and for bringing happiness to them.



尊老敬老是中華民族的慈孝美德,老年人的健康是社會和諧穩定的重要保證。世外小學每年重陽節都組織敬老活動,從中弘揚中華民族孝親敬老的傳統美德,營造了尊老、愛老、敬老的社會風尚。
Respecting the old is a traditional positive aspect of the Chinese nation. The health of the old is an important element of a stable society. WFLPS participates in this activity on Double Ninth Festival every year. It is a tradition to visit to show love and respect towards the old people.

孫菁華 Sun Jinghua嚴知愔 Yan Zhiyin撰文Article
陳洪攝影
Chen hong photo


